Thursday, July 2, 2009

Temper, Temper, Missy Ma'am!

Andrew is now officially a big 6 year old. Shockingly and sadly I did not get a single picture of him today. Hmmmm... that wasn't super great momminess now was it? Anyway, to celebrate his special day we went out to Red Robin for lunch and then to Toys R Us to use a gift card that he had gotten for his birthday. We got to the restaurant kinda late for us. We usually do lunch right around 11 and it was almost 12:30 by the time we got to eat. Not a huge problem for me but the kids were kinda whiny and super hungry. Well, as usual, we ate lunch and then the kids got their free balloon. Lucy even got one this time which was super exciting for her. She just adores balloons and steals the boys when they are laying around the house. Into the van we go and over to Toys R Us. (In case you don't know it is just across the parking lot but I am too prego to walk it and it would have been quite the stroll there and back for the kids) Once we got there the boys piled out and headed with me to the store. We left all the balloons in the car and let me tell you Miss Ma'am Lucy was having none of it! She started screaming and kicking and throwing the biggest fit I have ever seen her throw. There was absolutely nothing cute or adorable about it. She did not want to sit in the cart and she did not want to be held. She was more furious than I have ever seen her. Which is saying a lot because I have seen her pretty ticked. Lucy continued to carry on with her tantrum the ENTIRE time we were in the store. It was almost 20 minutes of shrieking screaming. Not good. Finally Eric took her to the van. Apparently once she got back her balloon she was happy again. My, my, my does she have a hot little temper though. I see a repeat of some Zane tantrums in my future. And that is not a great thing!

On a positive note Andrew got a very cool Lego set and two Cars cars. He was very excited about them and spent the afternoon putting together the Lego set. It is very nice that he has some type of project that he really enjoys!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

What a Woman! We had a 10 minute fit over the highchair tray the other day, but it was nothing like that! Thank Goodness Eric was there so he could take her to the car! I hope the newest one is a little more low key like Andrew!