Sunday, June 28, 2009

Andrew's Party

Today we celebrated Andrew's birthday. I decided to do it this weekend rather than next Saturday because next weekend is the 4th of July. We never do anything for the 4th and frankly none of our friends really do anything either but I still feel kinda bad planning his birthday on a national holiday. Maybe it is strange of me but it still feels funny. Anyway! Andrew wanted a Bolt themed party and I was baffled on what I could do with the cake. Artistic I am not. He insisted he wanted "laser eyes" on his cake. So this was the best I could come up with. Nothing but some cake gel and Nilla Wafers but Andrew was satisfied.

The pinata only lasted a few minutes. But every kid got one swing. It truly broke with the last kids swing which worked out perfectly.

"Happy Birthday to You!"

I just had to share this one! Never is a little lady happier than when she is sharing someone's treat!

Super cute with the Grandma Meow

Making out like a bandit.

Andrew got a whole bunch of Lego sets and other cool stuff. He is currently building one of the cars. He has really gotten into the Lego thing lately and it is nice to be able to give people the easy hint of Legos. Plus they are relatively cheap. I always feel bad telling people expensive ideas. I hated it when they were into Thomas because NOTHING Thomas is cheap. Anyway, Andrew had a wonderful day and was so thrilled to be celebrating his birthday. Now he just has to wait until Thursday to officially turn 6!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So fun! I think the cake turned out very cool. I agree on the gift thing, I love legos too, they are cheap and light weight to ship. I hate to have people feel like they have to spend a ton. Happy Birthday Andrew!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are getting so big! It makes me sad that we don't get to be around for parties and such. I always looked forward to you and Eric coming to our birthdays. It looks like he had a fabulous time!