Thursday, June 11, 2009

Painting Fun!

We are currently painting our house. The majority of the work got done on Tuesday courtesy of a sprayer that we borrowed from a friend. Now we are only left with all the trim work. There is a limited amount that I am able to do. Since we have two stories a lot must be done on a ladder and Eric has forbidden me from climbing on to one. (I periodically have to hand him stuff when he is on the roof but he yells the whole time) So I am doing what I can.

Andrew in particular has been super excited to paint the house. Today I worked on the garage doors which was perfect boy painting. We made the kids paint in their undies because they don't have any clothing that I am excited about them getting paint on. If you think about it it makes sense. Most adult painting clothes are old stuff with holes/rips/stains on them already. You don't go and put your nice clothing on to paint when you know you are potentially going to ruin them. Anyway, that is the story about the underwear. The boys did a great job. Zane lost interest very quickly but Andrew stuck with it until I was done. I am going to have to put on a second coat but all in all it looks pretty good. The frame around the garage will be black. We just haven't gotten there yet. I will for sure post more pictures when we are done.

Halfway done!

My two helpers.

What the black trim looks like.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the color! I am so jealous that kids can still run around in their undies...

Little Blessings said...

I know. It would be such a look if we were to run around in our undies! You think the neighbors would talk?

Anonymous said...

The boys are doing such a great job! I love the expression on Andrew's face in the second pic.

Eric said...

I tried to wear my undies, but Sam yelled at me.