Sunday, June 7, 2009

Roof Climber

We are currently repainting our house. Since Eric has been home for awhile (ok, longer than awhile) he has been very busy doing all kinds of projects around the house. The most recent is painting this monstrosity of a house. One never realizes how much house one has until they try to paint it! For the past few days Andrew has been Eric's super helper with all tasks. He really loved pressure washing the house and today got a taste of working on the roof. Toward the end of the night Eric had to put paper over one of the windows on a part of the house with a low-ish roof. Andrew had already been up and down several times during the day but this was Zane's first opportunity to set foot on the roof. I think he liked being up high. He sat quietly and sang some songs to himself.

Eric thinks he was super scared he was going to get kicked off because he kept asking if talking and singing were ok. He had gotten the lecture about how he needed to just sit and there is no playing on the roof or he would have to get down. Pretty sure those instructions sunk in :)

Andrew helped Eric finish taping the window and got to even carry stuff up and down the ladder a couple of times to help. He was thinking he was pretty big.

I would have gotten more pictures but my camera battery died. I am sure I will have more pictures though in the next few days. Somehow I think Eric will never be able to be on the roof by himself again!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love your work crew! It's so cute the way Zane asked if it was ok to talk or sing! I got up on the roof once when I was around 5 and I still remember it, it seemed like the top of the world! Zane is looking like such a big boy these days, he is losing that toddler look completely. Sad...

Little Blessings said...

I know! He doesn't look very baby at all anymore. And don't even get me started of Andrew....