Monday, June 1, 2009

Doesn't Want to Be a Baby Anymore

The last few weeks Eric and I have both noticed a change in maturity levels with Andrew. It seems like he grew up about 8 years while his teeth were loose. For instance, Andrew no longer wants to play with Zane and Lucy the same way. He used to like to sit and dig in the sand or go on the slide or even just push Lucy around on a riding toy. Now that is all apparently little kid stuff. He will help them if we ask but he is no longer playing. He is helping. When he goes to bible study with me on Thursdays he helps. He is no longer playing. He is a helper. He also has taken to following Eric around which is desperately sweet. They do big important things like weeding and mowing the lawn. Zane has taken over the role of playing with Lucy and it is absolutely adorable to watch him and her play together. When it comes to someone playing with her at this point she doesn't seem to care which brother it is. Oh, Andrew also mentioned that he no longer wants to wear character underwear. He would like plain. I can't decide if that means colors or just white but since I just bought him character underwear in the next size he will be in them for awhile. No trendy underwear purchases at our house just to suit a mood! My sweet baby is growing up and it is all happening with mixed emotions from this momma. I am loving his new maturity but hating the fact that my baby is disappearing. I swear 2 days ago he was still in diapers.....

3 comments:

Kelly said...

My heart is breaking and joyful at the same time. I know that all too soon my little man will be doing the same thing. I will squeeze him extra tight today! Andrew is such a great kid!

Ms. Leigh said...

aah, he is so sweet. When I was over I did notice he was acting older. I loved how he would make facial expressions that matched yours when you were talking about adult things. I think that he may be the kind of kid who likes hanging with adults and engaging in conversations with adults more then kids. I was like that!

Little Blessings said...

I think he will definitely sway more to adults than kids too. He has always been relatively level headed and he is not terribly impulsive so kid mischief is not really his favorite. But it is killing me that he doesn't like some little kid stuff anymore. The other day he informed me that Thomas the Train was for little kids and he didn't like him anymore. WHAT??? That kid used to live off of all things Thomas! Sigh.... too fast guys, it is happening too fast.