Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Checkup for the Gwenie-Girl


Took Gwen to get her checkup today with the whole crew by myself. Usually Eric goes with me but he was working today so it ended up being a solo mission. Trips to the doctors office can either go smoothly or extremely rough. Depends on the mood of little people and the status of their tummies. Todays appointment was at 11:00 which is typically a horrid time for me to have an appointment. We usually eat lunch right around 11 and being out and about almost always ends in a meltdown for one or more of my children.

Also today Andrew is home from school because of a cold. Usually Andrew is a super helper and it is a major asset for him to be home. When he is sick though, he is whiny. And seems to thrive on pestering his siblings. This typically makes for a long day. We went to the grocery store right before the appointment and I bought the kids Lunchables to eat while we were at the doctors office. That was probably the smartest thing I have done in a long time. The Lunchables were a treat (don't know if I have ever bought the kids one) and they took care of the "I'm Hungry!" whines. Win-Win in my book for sure.

Gwen is doing fabulous as I expected. She got 2 shots and an oral vaccine. Screamed really loud with the shots but took the oral vaccine like a champ. Here are her latest statistics:

Height: 24.5" (98%) Although I think her head wasn't all the way to the top so she may be more like 24"

Weight: 13# 1.5 oz. (93%)

Doing great!

1 comment:

Eric said...

- That's right, we finally have a baby that's not over the 100% in weight and my back thanks you Gwen.