Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gwen the Great

Great sleeper that is! I usually have my babies cry it out to fall asleep right around 4 months old. Pretty consistently they will take three days to learn to fall asleep on their own. Miss Gwen is proving to be the easiest and best sleeper of the bunch! For the past week Eric and I have fed Gwen and then put her down awake. Not that she isn't sleepy when we put her down but she is certainly not asleep in any way. She has been putting herself to sleep without crying. We will hear her fussing a bit in her crib but she is not overly upset. I compare it to when she is bored sitting in her swing and just wants to be held. Not urgent enough for me to go and get her just enough noise to let me know that she is discontent. After about 3 minutes of that though there is no more crankiness. She is asleep.

How much more fabulous can that get! Add to that her sleeping through the night most of the time and you will find one extremely happy mommy! Gwen also ADORES Zane. He can get super smiles and giggles out of her more often than the rest of the kids. He loves her in a rough kinda way. We are still working on the gentleness thing but his intentions are all for the best.

Here is one of the smiles Gwen gave Zane. I was trying to get a picture of her smiling and she kept being happy while she could see my face and then changing expression when I lifted my camera. Zane however had her giggling and smiling for me. So sweet!

No comments: