Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Carving!

Yesterday we went and got pumpkins for carving. We decided to just go to the field at Haggen rather than a real pumpkin patch. The kids were really excited to carve their pumpkins. They have been anxiously waiting until it was close enough to Halloween.

As always they were kinda wimpy about cleaning out the pumpkins. Something about the slimy guts really throws them for a loop but Eric and I are tough. We require assistance or no pumpkins are carved into faces.

The funny thing about pumpkin carving at our house is there is very little thought that goes into the designs they create. I know when I have done my own pumpkins I think about what I want to carve. Not so with the little munchkins. They seem to think any type of a smiley face is acceptable.

It was very wonderful to have Eric home to help this year. Cleaning pumpkins is long tedious work and it is nice to have someone to split the labor with. Especially since the attention span is short.

The creations with their creators trying to look scary. Except for Lucy. She just seemed kinda confused with all that was going on. Gwen slept through the whole thing. Wonderful good baby!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Very nice! I love Andrew's pumpking with the wacky eyes!