Saturday, January 8, 2011

Adding #5


To add another baby into this house without adding any additional furniture (as in a new dresser) has taken some creative thought. Andrew and Zane share some clothing already: socks, pj's and occasionally, if the situation is necessary, underwear. Zane's dresser is quite large and Andrew's is my old one from when I was growing up. I have thought for quite awhile that if I just got a couple of bins I could combine the boys into one dresser and have some extra room in their bedroom. Adding this baby has been the perfect catalyst to make these changes happen. Since storage bins are at a super low cost right now, we picked up 4 bins today for the boys shirts and summer clothing. Of course this change required me to go through both kids drawers to determine what clothing still fit and what was too small. I was happy to discover that no bins are overflowing with clothing and even after I do laundry I should still be able to get everything into a space without cramming. Hooray for organization! Now I just have to get the girls room all set up and Gwen adjusted to sharing with Lucy and we will be really headed in the right baby preparation direction.

No comments: