Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year with the Kiddos

Andrew had to return to school this morning and that means business as usual at our house. Since the start of the year there have been only a few changes. The biggest one is that Lucy no longer consistently naps. Although today she decided to voluntarily snooze on the couch. She must have been exhausted!

Most afternoons I have Lucy and Zane to deal with which has been a bit of a bummer as far as Zane is concerned. He really seemed to enjoy the consistent mommy time and Lucy being awake definitely throws a major wrench in it. Often though I can get Lucy involved with either coloring or play-doh or something like that to find a smidgen of time with my boy. It doesn't take much but it absolutely makes a world of difference in his life.

I am also happy to report that for the first time Zane told me he really wants to go to school. Hallelujah! I thought the day would never arrive. I am excited to see the world of kindergarten though his eyes next year. He is going to have such a wonderful time and it will be such fun to hear about all his adventures and see all his handiwork.

No comments: