Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Sweet Zane


There should be a picture attached to this post but one of the girls broke my SD card reader for my camera so I will just have to attach one later I suppose. This morning I woke up late. Like really late. It was 7:59 when I rolled out of bed and stumbled downstairs. Andrew has to walk out the door for the bus at 8:20. He was not dressed, had not eaten breakfast and his lunch was not made. Not a great start of the morning. I started Andrew moving in the get ready for school direction and threw together a lunch for him and breakfast for everyone. In the nick of time we scurried out the door and managed to make the bus. I was in pj's under some sweat pants but considering the situation I didn't think it was too bad.

You may be wondering what this has to do with my Zane boy. Well, while I was at the bus with Andrew, Zane was very busy getting Lucy dressed. I suppose I should give Lucy some props too because it is impossible for Zane to be a helper with Lucy unless Lucy wants to be helped. Anyway, next thing I know Zane has Lucy completely dressed, including socks and shoes and coat, ready and waiting to go to the gym. Impressed I was!

Then this afternoon I set up some preschool computer games for Zane to play and Lucy to watch and laid down on the couch for a little rest. Sometimes Zane can be quite pesty when I am trying to sleep but today he finished with his game and then sat down to watch Let's Make a Deal (our typical afternoon show). He didn't wake me up at all and very sweetly went and got Gwen out of her crib when she got up too. It was such a wonderful way for the day to go. Especially when I was about ready to fall over with exhaustion!

EDIT** Got a new card reader. Now for the girls to not destroy it.

No comments: