Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Zane Elliot!

Today Zane turns six. We had a very mellow day planned but I knew that a few things could be done to make his day super special.
 
First up was letting Zane play the Wii. There is not a day that goes by Zane does not ask to play that blasted contraption. But since it is his birthday I thought that maybe it would be a nice treat.

I asked Zane what he wanted to have for dinner. He told me split pea soup and corn bread. Quite the unusual choice but who am I to say what a tasty birthday dinner is to him. Plus the weather was not super hot so it was a great day for it. The year that he tells me split pea soup and it is 80 degrees out we will have a different conversation.

Finally we went out to ice cream for dessert and then came home so the boy could open some presents. Zane had been asking for this Lego Ninjago guy for months. (the Lego characters name is Zane) He was very happy to have one of his own. Now he and Andrew can play!

Zane also got some books for his birthday. One was Frog and Toad and one was Thomas. All early readers of course. He was very happy to get the books. I love that he thinks books are a great present. All in all a great birthday for a fantastic little boy! Every year with Zane gets better and better. Can't wait to see what the year of 6 is like for him!


No comments: