Friday, August 19, 2011

What Brothers Are Good For...

Zane has had a dangling tooth for several weeks now. The last few days it has been very very dangly and started to turn gray. I am not a fan of teeth that are wiggly and ready to come out, I think all teeth should be either firmly in place or removed as soon as they can be. So the fact that Zane has had this tooth ready to come out for so long has just about killed me.

Unfortunately for me, Zane despises the removal of teeth. In fact, he seems terrified of removing the teeth on his own. Well today I had had it! I mentioned to Zane that Andrew should help him get his tooth out and Zane agreed that it was a great plan.

After several minutes of wiggling, crying and one bloody Kleenex has been used, the tooth came out. Now the tooth fairy will be headed to our house tonight! Thank goodness for Andrew. Zane may have never lost that tooth!

1 comment:

Chris and Mandy said...

I dread the days when I have to deal with loose teeth! I can handle a lot of gross things, but loose teeth are just about unbearable. My 1st grade teacher had a nice trick to help teeth come out (they have to be really dangling for this to work). She'd tie dental floss into a granny knot just above the tooth, then she'd pull it tight really fast. It would cut through the ickiness and the tooth would pop out. I'm sure teachers aren't allowed to pull teeth these days :)