Sunday, August 7, 2011

Worker Bee and Exercise Boy


Eric has been doing some landscaping projects for his dad. Since Eric is going to start a new job on Monday there was some work that needed to get finished up on the project before he is unavailable. To make it more fun, Eric took Andrew and Zane with him and let them work on the project all day with him. Andrew was a worker bee. All day long he was busy lifting, digging, dragging, dumping and fetching stuff. He had a blast. In fact he even earned some money for all his efforts. I think he wants to grow up way too fast.

Friday I went to the gym and Andrew asked if he could go exercise in the big room with me instead of playing in the kid area. I agreed and Andrew worked out the entire time that I did. He ran a mile, ran on the treadmill, rode a stationary bike and even used some weight lifting machines. Of course now he thinks he needs to exercise all the time and wants to wear deodorant. I am not ready for this!

3 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

Oh Not deodorant.

Little Blessings said...

We told him not yet. Goofy boy

Mandy said...

On the first day of 5th grade, our teacher had a very serious discussion with our class about the importance of deodorant. He said "You know how onion burgers smell at the Puyallup Fair? Well, a classroom full of 5th graders without deodorant smells like that." Totally sraight-faced and serious!! Haha!! How the heck can you eat an onion burger after that comparison! (Well, I don't eat burgers anyway but you get my drift...)