Wednesday, September 7, 2011

3rd Grade and Kindergarten- First Day of School

The first day of school is always so exciting at our house. And this year Zane got to join the party! Yesterday we went to the school and met his teacher and saw his class room. I could tell he was a bit nervous but a little excited as well.

Andrew will be working with the same teacher this year as last year. He is "looping" with her and is very excited to hit the ground running in 3rd grade.

The boys were getting ready for school this morning and Zane asked Andrew "Will you sit with me on the bus?" Andrew very nicely said "Yes, I was already planning on it." What a wonderful big brother!

When the bus showed up they both hopped right on board. I didn't have any worries about Andrew but Zane is always somewhat of a wild card. I was very happy that there were no tears and no fussing. He just followed Andrew up the stairs and sat down with him. I got big smiles from both of them through the window as the bus was driving away.

Zane made it home from school already and had nothing but good to say about his day. And he declared he is not nervous at all now for school. That is what I call a great first day of school experience!


No comments: