Monday, September 5, 2011

Scary Monster

Miss Gwendalyn has a very active imagination. Much to her own detriment at times. The past few weeks have been rough at bedtime. Gwen has got it in her head that there are scary monsters in her room. I have no idea where she is getting the notion of monsters from. We don't do a lot of monster stuff at our house. And I seriously doubt that Elmo and Cookie Monster count when talking about monsters.

Regardless of where the idea came from, it now means that bedtime is a sobbing mess with Gwen. She begs for lights (she has two nightlights) and the door open and mommy or daddy not to leave her alone. Apparently Lucy does nothing to calm her fears. I find it frustrating but I suppose that I shouldn't. I had a very vivid imagination once upon a time and could get myself terrified of hopping out of bed because there were monsters going to grab at my feet. So I guess she comes by it honestly. Winter is going to be tough though. The darker it is at bedtime the worse she is. I suppose I will take the "this too shall pass" attitude. It certainly won't last forever.

No comments: