Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Big Brothers are Special

I have been putting a lot of effort into getting Zane ready for kindergarten. We talked a lot about getting on the bus, what was going to happen at school, how he was going to get home, etc.

I did not however talk to the younger ones, Gwen especially, about what it was going to mean that Zane was going to kindergarten. I talked to Lucy about how she was going to be the super big girl and my helper but Gwen... well, I didn't think she was going to even notice.

I should have known better though. Gwen misses nothing. After getting the boys on the bus, we headed back home to finish getting ready for the gym. I asked the girls to head out to the van and that is when Gwen lost it. "My brudders, MY BRUDDERS!" she screamed. "My Zane, My Zane" she sobbed. She finally got over it but she was not happy that we were leaving without them in the van. How did I miss that Gwen was someone I needed to prep for school changes too?


No comments: