Monday, September 5, 2011

Holy Six Candles Batman!

Zane has been eagerly anticipating his birthday  for weeks. He loves his birthday parties but I think all the attention embarrasses him a little bit.

When we went to look for a birthday party theme for Zane he told me he wanted a reading/Wii party. How on earth those two go together is beyond me. Since it seems to have been beyond the party supply store too we ended up with Batman.

The question for me is always "How on earth am I going to make a cake for this party?" I have to confess that this cake idea was inspired by some stinking cool Batman cakes I saw online. But when I thought about it, Zane doesn't really eat cake very often. In fact he really only likes chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. But he ADORES ice cream. So an ice cream Gotham City it was.

Remember how I said he gets embarrassed? Yeah, plugged ears during the singing. What a nut.

Presents were opened and enjoyed. Zane was thrilled and another party for this sweet man is done. They just grow up way too fast, ya know.


No comments: