Saturday, July 28, 2012

Aquarun 2012

The kids and I have been very excited to race this season. The boys got a taste of racing during the Issaquah triathlon and now every time I have an event they ask if there is a kid one too.


Due to the fact that I was racing the 10k run and I am slower than molasses in winter, I did not get to see the start of the kids race.


The kids run was a cross country course that stayed by the high school. Lots of parents were running with their kids but my two were happy to tackle it on their own.


I missed Andrew crossing the finish line but as I was entering the stadium to finish my race I got to see Zane crossing the finish line for his race.


The rest of the kids are such great tag-alongs for all these events and Eric is amazing to put up with it all!

Next year maybe even Lucy will get in on the racing action! I know she has wanted to for the last few races but she is still a bit too unpredictable. I want to be positive that she will do it before I pay to register her!


Andrew completed the course in 6:39 which was 4/31 in his division of 9 and under! Zane finished 8:38 26/31 in the same division!


No comments: