Thursday, July 26, 2012

New Specs for Two

Several weeks ago I took the boys in for annual eye exams. Andrew's eyesight was fine last year but this spring he started fussing that he couldn't read clocks that he had been able to read previously and I got suspicious. So this year when they told me he needed a slight correction and would only need his glasses for school and distance viewing I was not surprised. Andrew is not excited to need glasses. In fact there were a lot of tears involved after the appointment and then again today after we picked them up. However, he did admit that he can see distances much clearer with them on. So I will have to be content with that.


Zane of course still needs glasses. His eyesight is so bad that he will never be without some type of correction. But he did get new frames and I am so relieved that we now have backup glasses to use if he really breaks his glasses this year. There were several weeks of taped and glued frames this year. I was tense the entire time. A little bit of buffer will be a great thing for all of us.


No comments: