Sunday, July 29, 2012

Aquasox!

The local library offered free tickets to the Aquasox this year. Since I love baseball and I love the Aquasox it was an easy sell for me to grab the tickets for our family.




Unknown to me it was mascot night which is always a lot of fun. The kids had a great time seeing all the different local team and business mascots and cheerfully gave them all high fives. My alma mater's mascot Sammy Seagull even made an appearance!


The one I was worried about was Reid. He is so busy and so squirmy and such a picky eater that I thought for sure he was going to be a train wreck. He was crazy busy and squirmy for the first 2 innings but after that he seemed to calm down a bit. He was still busy climbing quite often but he also spent a lot of time in Eric's lap happily watching the game.


 The boys were both thrilled with the game. They are finally old enough to really enjoy it and understand what they are watching. The game was a come from behind win (it started an utter and complete blowout for the opposing team) and it was super exciting. Lots of cheering, clapping and foot stomping on those aluminum bleachers.


We broke the game up when they had a kid giveaway and scored these awesome masks and some frisbees. All in all the game was a success and I am so glad we braved it with all the kids.


No comments: