Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Interpreter and Punching Bag

It appears that I need to add two more job titles to my ever growing resume as a mom. The first is interpreter. Zane is trying so hard to talk right now and I don't know who finds it more frustrating, him or me! He is very adamant about what he wants to say but the words just do not want to come out right. For example, if you are with him and he suddenly starts shrieking "Ti-Ti a Poo" you might come to the relatively reasonable conclusion that he might need his diaper changed. That unfortunately would be incorrect and not only would he be irate that you didn't understand what he was saying, he would fight you tooth and nail as you tried to wrestle him through a diaper change, where you would find neither "Ti-Ti" nor "Poo"! No, "Ti-Ti a Poo" is the way that Zane says Tigger and Pooh (see it makes sense now that I told you right!) and he is very fond of both of them. He also has been known to go through all the characters from Thomas (Ta Tam), Gordon (Go Go), Percy (Er-ee), Toby (Ta), James (Ame) and Henry (N-EE). This can be utterly maddening until you guess right because every time you guess wrong you get this disgusted "NO" from him. When you are finally right you get a "Yea" Like, "That is what I said, what took you so long to figure it out!"

My other new job title is Punching Bag because this new baby seems to think that all my insides are her personal gym. I was hurting so bad this weekend from the baby. Every time I breathed in it felt like someone was stabbing me in the side with a knife. I am pretty sure that this kid had punched my ribs out of joint. Let me tell you that did not feel good! I ended up at the chiropractor where Dr. Penny put me all back together again. I am hoping there will be no repeat of that particular joy of pregnancy and that part of my job title with be a one time occurrence.

No comments: