Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Room for New Baby

We spent time working this week on "New Baby's" room. The weather was so nice that we decided to take advantage of the heat and paint while we could open windows and air the place out! Andrew was so excited to help Eric and I paint that was almost driving us crazy with asking. Andrew got his own little brush (the one in his left hand was his) and was allowed to paint on the walls while Eric used the roller and I got to do all the edge work. He thought it was pretty cool, especially since he got to do it in his underwear and socks. The only thing that went a bit awry is that he put his hand on the wall while the paint was still wet and I didn't remember to paint over it so there is the imprint of Andrew's hand on the wall. You can't tell unless the light hits it just right but it is actually kinda cute to think that he marked his new siblings room, at least until we paint it again.

Here is the best picture of the room that I could take from the doorway. I just need to hang the wall hanging back up on the wall (it is going to go behind the rocking chair). I am currently racking my brain to remember where I put the brackets and the rod that go with it. Let me tell you by the end of the day we had torn the house apart looking for the mobile and the crib bumper. I knew where everything else was and I swore up and down that I had checked all the boxes in the house. Where did we end up finding the blasted things but in the room, in the one box I had neglected to look in. Lets just say that Eric was none to pleased with me since I had made him dig through all the boxes in the garage rafters, under the house and everywhere else he could think of. When we finally discovered them in the room (where they were supposed to be) he shot me a murderous look and left the room for a few minutes. At that point he was in no mood to continue the search for the missing rod and brackets. Not that I blame him. I think I would have been super annoyed too if I were him!




All in all it is nice for the room to be basiclly done and ready for a new little one to live in. I don't know if we will be able to keep Andrew from being too excited now. He really wants this little one to come soon!

No comments: