Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Me Ol' Alma Mater!

Sunday our family left for good ol' Ellensburg to visit our dear friends Daren and Sara. They live most of the year in Japan but spend summer in Ellensburg with Sara's parents so we headed there to visit. Daren and Eric were off to the hills to do a little backwoods male bonding. (Translation: Starving in the woods under the assumption that they are going to catch some fish and find some berries. All while hiking for miles, sleeping in a tent, sweating and talking "man-talk") Anyway, Sara and I planned for a little more R&R. The kids played in the warm afternoon sun and we got some girl-talk in. Lots of fun!

Monday I desperately wanted to take a peek at my ol' alma mater, Central Washington University and stop by and see some friends from my student job. It was fun to be on campus and see all the new buildings and all the old things that looked the exact same. It is funny how time changes but stands still at a college. I missed it. I tried to show Andrew where I had worked and lived and hung out. Shockingly he was uninterested. Bummer. I am trying to plant the Wildcat seed early!

We did stop and play in the ground fountains by Barge Hall and Shaw-Smyser. The kids thought it was fun and I was once again whisked back on memory lane!




This morning we had to go and meet Daren and Eric and go home. It was a fun but short weekend! Hopefully I will get to back and tour the campus again some more some day. I am such a nerd!

1 comment:

joanna said...

I know what you mean. I am also a nerd who likes to occasionally visit my old campus, WWU in Bellingham. We recently took the kid there to do a Geocache where the kids had to be seen on some camera or something, have it take their picture and then send it somewhere. Kind of funny. the kids were impressed with the size of the campus and the buildings and funny sculptures.
Glad that you had a great visit with your friends!