Friday, July 4, 2008

Pinata Madness!

Tonight Penny and I finished the pinata for Andrew's birthday party tomorrow. I think it turned out pretty good. It is supposed to be Speed Racer's helmet. If necessary use your imagination. I was going to do a tire but I only know how to do paper mache with a balloon and tires generally aren't spherical. It actually turned out much better than I thought it would so be kind if you choose to comment! Now hopefully it will stand up to a couple of kids whacking it before it shatters. Last year we had the problem that no kid could swing hard enough to break it and I am really hoping it doesn't break on the first swing.



5 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

I am impressed at your skill!!! I never knew you were a pinata making genius!

Simmons Family said...

I love the pinata! If the kids have a hard time breaking it you can take a xacto knife or carpet knife and make very thin slices in it. It weakens it enough but not too much!

Kaleb said...

I love it. Our kids would love to make their own pinatas. Ran past your house this morning. Well, it was closer to a jog really.

Kelly said...

Kelly is Sandra by the way, I was signed in under my mom by mistake.

Little Blessings said...

I was wondering who Sandra was!