Saturday, September 26, 2009

Costume Fun

The boys have been having fun with costumes lately. Lucy always wants to dress up too but she is quite picky about what she is wearing. I have a chicken costume that the boys both wore for Halloween when they were about Lucy's age and I decided to try it on her last night. She did not enjoy it (although the boys didn't either, I think the wings are irritating) but she did like a fairy costume that I got from Joanna. I still need to get new wings (saw some at the dollar store, LOVE IT!) and she probably won't wear them but she looked stinkin' cute running around the house in the costume.

Race car driver Andrew

Race car driver Zane

This was the best picture of the whole costume I could get of Lucy. I should have tried later because she started playing and stopped noticing if I was taking her picture. It is just a tulle skirt and a leotard but too cute if you ask me!

My little princess. Hopefully she will wear the wings AND let me get a picture of them. I would say my chances of it are about 50/50.

The boys are going to be race car drivers for Halloween but I have a couple of options for Lucy. I have a Dorothy dress that would be cute or her princess outfit from Disneyland (as in the one she wore at Disneyland, I didn't spend $60 on it!). I would do this fairy costume but the skirt is REALLY long and drags. Maybe if I find a shorter skirt at the dollar store too. They did have them last week..... I am at a loss for what to do with Gwen though. The costume Lucy wore last year would be way too big (plus it was borrowed). No money for a new one unless I hit up the dollar store for it. Hmmmmmmm........ something to think about!

7 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

I still have my pea in the pod if you want to use it.


Are you talking about the princess dress that Lucy blew chunks in?

Kelly said...

The peapod outfit would be so cute! Otherwise just dress her in orange and make a green felt hat for her head in the shape of leaves with an elastic strap and she can be a pumpkin!

Kelly said...

by the way, I LOVE Zanes belly in that race car outfit! It makes him still seem like a little boy!

Little Blessings said...

I would love to borrow the pea pod outfit! And yes I am talking about the princess dress she blew chunks in. It has been washed :)

Anonymous said...

I have (okay Jordi has) an adorable tinkerbell outfit that would work for Lucy in a year or two. I would be happy to send it your way. I would love to see another little girl get some use out of it.

Little Blessings said...

Tracie- That would be amazing!!!!

Ms. Leigh said...

Looking at Lucy's little smile I realize just how much of Andrew she has. So sweet. Zane is just in a world all his own.