Friday, September 4, 2009

Fun with my Crew

I feel like we are starting to hit our stride. Adding a new baby is always semi-disruptive for everyone. Not that the new baby is really that much extra work (she does sleep most of the day!) but rather adjusting to the IDEA that there is someone else in the house that is vying for time and attention. Plus the new one requires mom to be the food source rather than mom telling them to get something out of the fridge on their own. The one I have really noticed the change in is Zane. It was so good to have his party this last week and celebrate his birthday. He got some focused "Zane" time and it was what he definitely needed. His attitude and meltdowness has been less which was super nice.

I started this blog post right before dinner and am now finishing it after. The craziness of the dinner hour was about usual tonight. I had Gwen screaming and the kids whining and fighting because they were hungry. I was just trying to get everyone taken care of without losing my mind. Fortunately I wasn't starving myself so I was able to focus. When I am hungry all I can think about is food so the kids unfortunately get the short end of the stick (as in a psychotic yelling mommy) until I get fed. Anyway, even with the craziness it was a good evening. I am so thankful for my kiddos. They are such fun little people and I adore being with them always!

No comments: