Monday, April 18, 2011

Baseball Begins!

The boys both had their baseball season begin this weekend. It was a crazy Saturday with two rounds of baseball pictures and two rounds of baseball games. The day was freezing cold and rainy; and the fields were total and complete slop. Not ideal for kid sports but we were all thankful that the boys were finally able to play.


I was being super cheap this year and didn't buy picture packages of the boys. But they do look quite adorable in their baseball uniforms.


Andrew's game was at 1 and he got to play short stop and 3rd base. Andrew did great. He made a couple of plays and even managed to get a force out at 3rd. I see a lot of improvement in Andrew's playing this year. It helps that Andrew has been watching the Mariner's on tv with Eric and I. I think it helps him understand the game more and more. Although Andrew does still complain that there isn't enough running in baseball. Crazy kid.


Zane was very excited and quite nervous for his game as well. Although I think baseball and Zane are going to go together like two peas in a pod. He has been having fun at practice and I see no bored signs like I did when he was playing soccer. Zane got to start the game playing pitcher. Which in t-ball is a primo spot! Most of the hits go to the picture because the kids don't hit well enough to get it out of the infield. Zane also did really well hitting the ball when it was his turn up to bat. I am very excited to see how his whole season turns out!

No comments: