Friday, April 29, 2011

A Rolled Waistband

Found a great deal on boys track pants at Target this week. They were clearance and only $4.98 a pair. I am discovering that as the boys get bigger it is harder and harder to get the really good deals on clothing for them. Usually a pair of non button waist pants will make it all the way through Andrew and Zane before they are completely destroyed and only good for the garbage. Andrew and Zane are very close in size these days. Only one size apart in pants and shirts. I have been anxiously awaiting a good deal on track pants for Andrew so I can pass down the pants that he has to Zane.

Once I got the pants home I showed them to Andrew. He was very excited about them and so was I. Then I had him try them on. They were a bit long and quite loose at the waist. Which was great because that means they will fit for a while. The pants that Andrew has been wearing are quite short on his legs and are starting to look a bit silly. Then I had the audacity to roll the waistband over one time. Just one time. Andrew immediately protested. He did not want the waistband rolled (there was no cinch ties in the waistband either). They were just too big and he wanted his old pants which I had already given to Zane. Too bad! I said. You are just going to have to live with them rolled. They would have fallen off his skinny little butt if they weren't rolled either.

Oh the joys of being a mean mommy. Andrew also protests when he gets new jeans and I try to roll the bottoms. He is going to be so much happier when he stops growing and is able to just buy clothing that fits. I think I will be happier too.

No comments: