Monday, April 4, 2011

Sweet Big Sis


Letting 4 big siblings take turns holding Reid is proving to be quite the adventure. The boys are always thrilled to take a turn with him. I can depend on Andrew and Zane to quite happily hold him on the couch while I go and get stuff done. Lucy and Gwen are less than reliable and I have to watch Lucy like a hawk and sit right next to Gwen. Who knows what they would do if they were done holding Reid and I wasn't there to catch him.

Tonight the bigger 3 were happily playing a game and I gave Gwen a chance to hold Reid. Gwen was over the moon with him. She snuggled right up next to me and let Reid sit on her lap for almost 15 minutes. She kissed his sweet cheeks and hugged him. Her turn ended when name the babies body parts turned into an opportunity to gouge out his eyes. She was very determined that her turn was not done though. I would ask her if she was all done and she very definitively would tell me no. I can't wait to see how their friendship evolves as Reid gets older.

No comments: