Friday, April 1, 2011

Bringing Home Reid

Everyone was so excited to have Reid come home from the hospital on Wednesday. And Eric and I were thrilled to be home as well. My mom had come and watched kiddos at our house and it was so nice to be able to walk into our house and have everyone there. No extra stops to pick up kiddos on the way.


To say that the kids were a whirlwind would probably not fully describe the insanity that was walking in the door. But it was a fun whirlwind and one that I fully expected. Everyone wanted to be right in Reid's face and say hi to him. Poor baby boy was completely over-stimulated and screamed for about an hour but fortunately for him he is going to get used to all the extra people wanting to love on him.


So far settling in has gone pretty well. Everyone continues to adjust in the anticipated ways and Eric and I are thrilled to be back to sleeping a wee bit more than in the last few weeks of pregnancy.


Reid had his first doctor checkup yesterday and weighed 9 pounds 8 ounces and is right on track with where he should be. He is also eating constantly and I can tell my milk is on its way in so I should be seeing even chunkier cheeks in the next few weeks. Extra water is going to be my friend so I can make enough milk to feed this moose boy. It reminds me of feeding Zane.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE each individual kiddo with Reid... so sweet.

Chris and Mandy said...

Great pictures. I love Reid's hair :)

Anonymous said...

Very sweet pictures! Your chlidren are so adorable. Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Tara Schut said...

Congrats Sam and Eric. Blessings to your new extended family!