Monday, December 3, 2007

The Family Tree

We put up our Christmas Tree this weekend! This was the first year for this tree since in the past we have gotten a fresh tree. Unfortunately, Eric and I fight every year about when, where and how much to pay for a real tree so it seemed like a good idea last year to finally break down and buy a fake one while they were on sale. (I mean, you couldn't expect Eric to pay full price now could you!?!) Anyway, after much searching for a tree with multi-colored lights, I am not into those trees with just the clear lights, we found one and got it. This was our first time with it out of the box since we bought it and we were very impressed with it. The tree is 9 feet and just fits in our house. As we were setting it up I got a little nervouse that the angel wouldn't fit with the ceiling but it worked out just fine! Three little elves helped Eric and I decorate and I think that Crystal had the most fun of all, I guess her family does not have a big tree every year.

The only problem with the tree was that since it was so tall decorating the top part was a little bit tough. I had to depend on Eric and Crystal (on a chair) for that. Eric didn't seem to think me on a chair was that great of an idea. I don't know why, I am the most graceful person who ever lived! (HA! HA!) We also have a huge clump of ornaments right at little boy height but that is part of the fun of little ones at Christmas. All in all the tree has been a success and the boys think it is quite pretty. They still want to touch the ornaments but we are trying to discourage that, at least until it is time to put it all away!

1 comment:

Ms. Leigh said...

You are the most graceful person to ever live. You gracefully slid across the popcorn booth during your chicken dance!!! It looked nice anway ;)