Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Zane Goes Potty

Last night we had our first success with Zane and the potty! I had just gotten him out of the tub and he looked at me and said Pee Pee. I asked him if he had to go and he said yeah! So up to the potty we flew and he made it! He was congratulated with a sticker (I had to make a chart very quickly) and we put it up on his bathroom door. It was very exciting for me even though I really do not want to do the potty training thing right now. I just don't feel like I have the energy but I guess I should go with his time table while it lasts. What is funny though is that I was sure he would take longer to train than Andrew did just because he is not quite as coordinated (and he is younger than Andrew was too!) with the whole getting dressed bit but he definitely knows what to do when he is put in the position. The only troublesome thing is that he insists on standing which can be problematic in public bathrooms. They just do not make toilets short enough for little boys and taking a stool with us is simply too much work if you ask me.

1 comment:

Kaleb said...

Congrats, Zane and good job Sam for celebrating with him! I loved seeing your photos and reading your blogs, Nice work! Joanna Allinson
(not Kaleb, but it always says his name because I don't have any "official" account yet, apparently)