Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Make It Show

Andrew is really into all things science right now. Not so much the experiments but he adores the Discovery Channel. Right now on Eric's days off they sit and watch the Make it Show (aka "How It's Made") and Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe. For some reason he finds it all fascinating and exciting just like Eric does. I, on the other hand, would rather stick a fork in my foot than sit and watch all this stuff. Even if "How It's Made" is like Mr. Roger's Neighborhood for adults! Anyway, last night Andrew watched Dirty Jobs and they were noodling for catfish (relatively low on the gross out meter) but then they showed them cleaning and gutting it and I almost threw up. Of course we were watching it right before dinner too which is never the right time to watch that show. Did it seem to disgust my guy? Nope, he just looked at me like I was a wimp and someone to be pittied! Oh well, I am not going to fight him on liking the science stuff. Eric is just going to be in charge of all gross experiments because that is not my strong suit at all!

Andrew's buddy- Mike Rowe!

1 comment:

Ms. Leigh said...

I love those shows too!! He can come hang with me and we can watch them together! I agree that some things on Dirty Jobs are stomach wrenching, but for me the worst, by far, was when he was cutting into some shark. Oh god it horrible. I covered my face until it was over.