Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sleep Insanity and Mama's Little Helpers

So, Lucy is not sleeping through the night yet and Eric is back at work. That all means that Sam is running the night shift solo and not getting a whole lot of extra sleep. Last week I was almost a lunatic by the time Eric was home for the weekend. By the time Friday rolled around I was crying because I was too tired and had not taken the time to take naps with Zane and Lucy. Plus I was up in the morning with the boys (never my best time of day) and even though I was going to bed at a normal time (like 9, as soon as Lucy fell asleep) it was not cutting it.

This week we have tried something different. I have been going to be at a semi-decent time (ok, 10 or 11) and the boys have been getting up in the morning and amusing themselves with thier cartoons while I stayed in bed. Andrew has been my little helper man and without my even asking him to do it, he has been getting breakfast for himself and Zane. The first morning I was very grateful, the second I was thrilled and now I think I might be used to it. The boys are letting me sleep (brokenly but still I am in bed) until about 8:30 or 9 and then I get up a much happier person. I really wish that I was more of a morning person. My body just does not want to function before 8 am. The sleep deprivation I am getting with Lucy doesn't help though. I think that once she starts sleeping more I will be able to get back to my getting up around 7 or so with my guys but until then I am just sooooo grateful that they are helping me out with the breakfast bit. I guess God is letting me have this time of rest and the boys are a key part of that plan.

As a side note, Lucy is 4 weeks old today. Where has the time gone? I don't have an appointment for her until the 25th but I am definitely curious about how much weight she has gained. She is getting bigger but nothing like Zane and Andrew. She is still wearing her 0-3 months clothing (although they are almost fitting). Neither of the boys were in this size at 1 month old. They were both in 3-6 months and fast approaching 6-9 months. It is making it very hard to assume the size/season coming up. I guess I will just have to wing it! I will post new pictures of Lucy soon.

Happy Valentines Day to Everyone!

No comments: