Saturday, March 8, 2008

Real Success!

Last night Zane had true success on the road to being potty trained! He has been sitting on the potty before bath time for a couple of weeks now and last night was no exception. While he was sitting there I asked him if he had any pee pees that needed to come out. He said yes and then looked down and started going! I almost fell over I was so excited. The other successes we have had have all be flukes. Never has it been on purpose! Zane got lots of kisses, his Mickey Mouse sticker on his potty chart and then plunked into the tub. I am going to have to get some M&M's too. I am not above bribery where potty training is involved. If I can just get him to do that a few times in a row, big boy underwear will be in his future and we will say goodbye to diapers, at least for him :)

1 comment:

joanna said...

This is a great photo of Zane and so happy he had some potty training success. He'll be out of diapers before you know it! As far as bribery is concerned I had to give Mackenzie some rather large bribes (candy just wouldn't cut it with her) to get her to go #2 on the toilet. She was afraid of it but nothing a few my little ponies wouldn't cure! Yikes, that would seem a bit expensive but it only took two ponies to overcome her fear...