Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sick Little Girl

Lucy has been sick all week. It started on Tuesday night. Eric and I went out to dinner and to my doctor's appointment (baby heartbeat in the 160's and sounding wonderful), the kids went to Alice and Gene's house for dinner. We got home from our adventures and the kids were playing. Our house has a room with two steps down and Lucy was sitting at the top of the stairs. Zane was playing and bumped her and down she went landing on the flat back part of her head. She started crying immediately and Eric picked her up and walked into the kitchen. Practically as soon as he got in there she threw up. And not just a little, a whole lot. So we started worrying about a concussion. Apparently with head bumps you get one free puke before you have to start to worry so I didn't freak out too much. Then Lucy woke up Wednesday morning and ate breakfast, only to immediately yak that back up too. Hmmm..... so then I start to worry about concussion. Quick trip to the doctor that afternoon ruled out a concussion and pointed to the stomach flu. Great. Just what I love. Wednesday night Lucy still seemed ill and so I didn't put her in the nursery with the other kids (I was teaching class, what else was I supposed to do). By the time I got home on Wednesday night I wasn't feeling so hot. I got up Thursday morning feeling nasty. But I have been feeling nasty for about 7 weeks so what was the difference right? Well let me tell you. I came down the flu too. Not fun. I don't think I had it as bad as Lucy though. I felt much better after 24 hours. Lucy on the other hand just spent all of last night throwing up and having super diarrhea. Not fun at all. And I think Eric is coming down with it now and he is a bigger baby when he is sick than Lucy is. Oh the joy of having a germ petri dish in the house. If only I can keep it from the boys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric is a man, not a baby. Leave him alone he has a lot of things on his plate that I'm sure are causing him to stress out.

Little Blessings said...

He may be a man but he certainly acts like a baby when he is sick!

Anonymous said...

Let's just hope the rest of your men in the house don't come down with it....Hope everyone feels better soon!!!