Thursday, January 1, 2009

Another Blessing!


So I mentioned that I have not been feeling super hot lately and there is a definite reason why. We are expecting another little blessing this year! Currently I am 9 weeks pregnant and Eric and I got to see the sweet little gummy bear yesterday. It is so cool to see a little flickering light (heartbeat) and know that an adorable new little one is happily growing inside. It will be a few more weeks until we know what we are having. Andrew is hoping for another sister and Zane is hoping for another brother. I am just hoping to not be sick anymore. Although I think a sister for Lucy would even the scales out nicely :) I hope you are all having a wonderful start to the new year!

Oh, in case you have no idea what is actually in the picture. The dotted line is measuring the length of baby (and determining age). The top left lump is babies head and the bottom right lump is babies body/arm and leg buds. The curious circle hanging out right above baby is the yolk sac and will give nutrition to the baby until the placenta is complete.

6 comments:

Daren said...

Way-to-go!!

Kelly said...

Such a sweet little gummi bear! I am hoping it is a girl, I loved having sisters! Good Luck getting over the morning sickness! Does this affect the root canals?

Little Blessings said...

I have to do the root canal regardless. I am not telling the dentist I am prego. The tooth keeps abscessing and I don't think taking antibiotics for the next 8 months is a very viable solution. I am rescheduled for the 7th and REALLY hoping that this appointment is kept!

Kelly said...

Are you on antibiotics in the mean time? Just make sure they don't gas you, and that they cover you on the x-rays. Novacaine is fine during the pregnancy.

Little Blessings said...

I'll say no to the gas if they offer it and yes I am on antibiotics. I have been now for over 2 months. I just desperately want this thing fixed!

Amber said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting. I came from a big family (5 brothers and sisters) and it was always so much fun - there is nothing like a house full of smiling faces. You're family is truly blessed.