Thursday, January 29, 2009

An Artist in Our Midst


So today at school Andrew had an assembly about how anyone and everyone can be an artist. The speaker came and showed them how to draw in 3-D. Apparently it had quite the impact because Andrew came home and insisted on being an artist with me. (and that is exactly how he phrased it) For any of you who do not know, I am no artist. Never have been and absolutely never will be. But for the love of my boy I sat down with him to draw. We drew a bowl of cereal (1), a dinosaur with his tongue hanging out (2), a crater(4) and a dragon (3). All pictures were complete with shading and shadowing. I won't distress you with my pictures. Yes, they were that bad. Andrew had a good time though and who knows, maybe he will be a talented artist someday. My grandma was quite artistic and somebody in the family needs to get that talent and ability! Zane had a great time being an artist too. Andrew tried to tell him that he wasn't old enough to be an artist but that didn't fly so well. He had a good time drawing with us though. Now as long as no one comes and tells Andrew that he can be an opera singer we will do ok. I can only imagine the headaches that would produce if we all had to practice at the same time!

*** Edit addition: Enjoy the artistry of my Andrew!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great that he had so much enthusiasm for being an artist. Sounds like it was a fun afternoon!

Ms. Leigh said...

I can't stop laughing! I just keep picturing the episode in Monk where he is trying to be an artist but his OCD gets in the way. Everything he pants has to be exact. Sorry, I just see Andrew having to be exact.

Ms. Leigh said...

PAINTS,,, HA pants, I am so retarded with typing these days.
Htinking. HAHAH

Kelly said...

I want to see some of Andrew's drawings! Can you scan them?

Little Blessings said...

I will try to add them to the post!

Kelly said...

Excellent!