Monday, February 2, 2009

Random Updates

So we haven't been up to anything exciting lately but since it has been awhile I thought I would give you the bits and pieces I do have.

Zane just finished his latest session of preschool 1 (aka: Minnows) in swimming lessons. He has now finally passed. He started a new lesson tonight still in preschool 1. The lessons are ridiculously difficult to get into so I always stick with what I have signed them up for for the whole quarter. When it comes time to register next week I will sign him up for preschool 2 (aka: jellyfish). We are going to do morning lessons next time with him. That should be fun getting me up and at them in the morning!

This evening we got the first of what I can only assume will be years of snotty teen comments from Zane. Eric and I had asked him to go let Phoenix out. Zane had already been in trouble for coloring on something he wasn't supposed to so he was sitting on the floor pouting. As he walked to the door to let the dog out he said, "You guys just need to chill out!" I kid you not. Eric and I both about lost it. Generally one of us is able to keep our composure for a few seconds to get after the child being naughty but this one about did both of us in. Oh the years ahead should be fun. Somehow that comment coming out of a 12 year old mouth though.... not quite the same amused response I am sure.

Andrew has been quite busy with swimming and school and such. We signed him up for T-Ball this spring and he is VERY excited for it to start. This is also the reason Zane is going to do daytime swimming lessons. I am pretty adamant about only having them in one activity at a time and having Zane go to swimming in the evening and not letting Andrew in the pool is kinda mean.

If you are noticing the nice scrape on Andrew's face and wondering if it is new; you are correct! Andrew found out a very valuable lesson today. Going down the slide on your knees can have dire consequences. Eric and I heard this unholy shriek come from the backyard and lo and behold Andrew came to the house looking like that. Of course Eric and I both thought it was the dog so we were actually kinda relieved when it was just a scrape from the slide. I don't think he will be repeating that feat anytime again in the near future though.

Lucy has been busy doing a whole lot of nothing. The best new I have for her is that she finally has cut one of her secondary incisors on the bottom. I thought they were never coming in. She has been kinda crabby lately so maybe the other one will be making an appearance soon as well.

Well, that is all for our crew! Hopefully I will have other news that is more exciting for you soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zane's comment cracks me up (even if you didn't find it amusing!). When I worked at the YMCA before/after school program I was having a tough day with a couple of kids not listening to instructions. I repeated them again, and 12 year old Michael said (in front of the whole group) "Mandy, you need to learn to be more flexible". I thought it was funny.. but I suppose if he was my son I wouldn't have let it fly!

Kelly said...

That is so funny, where did he hear that one? Andrew's face looks so sad, I guess he won't try that again. I know how you feel with Lucy, Will seems to be in a development slump at the moment. I am trying to get him to just let go and take that step (more than one) but he just won't do it! He is finally babbling more though, I was worried for a while. She is looking like such a toddler now!

Little Blessings said...

Honestly I think Zane heard it from me and Eric. We are always telling the dogs to chill out and lay down. And the boys too when they are all wound up. It was just so unexpected!