Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Valentine's Project

Tonight Andrew and I worked on his Valentine Party holder for all the valentines he is going to receive next week. I am so uncrafty but Andrew seemed pretty pleased with the outcome. It is hard to be a boy with an inartistic mom but somehow he will survive. I think my biggest frustration is that I don't have anything to do cute and crafty things with. I don't scrap and I don't make cards so my resources for the cute stuff are limited. And I really don't find it necessary to go to the store and buy the stuff every third day. Frankly I was embarrassed to realize that I didn't even own cotton balls when we were supposed to make snowmen. YIKES! At least this project turned out kinda cute. And Andrew is happy with it which is the most important thing! :)

***Oh and as you can see his eye still looks terrible!

5 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

So did he pick out valentines yet? And is he going to make a special one for Sydney?
You know, for not being crafty sam, you do have a million creative ways to do things! I don't think it matters anyway, as long as you get fun bonding time and he likes the creation then I think that is the point.

ps the word verification is oncop... haha

Little Blessings said...

The way they are doing valentines is with no names on the envelopes so I don't think he will make a special one for her. He is funny. I don't think he even thinks about her in a gooey way at all. I just think he is fond of her pigtails!

Kelly said...

Seeing that box brings back a lot of memories. I loved making those boxes every year. I think it's nice they don't have you write the names, that way everyone gets one and you can't give the icky or dumb ones to the gross kids on purpose. Is he going to make them or buy them?

Kelly said...

He has really nice handwriting by the way!

Little Blessings said...

We will be buying the valentines. I don't have the patience to make 23 of them!