Saturday, February 21, 2009

Braving the Mall

So today the kids and I braved the mall. It really isn't terrible to take all three with me. They are quite well behaved and listen most of the time. Eric has been gone since yesterday at noon and I was feeling like I needed an activity to break the day up. Hopefully he will be home before bedtime for the kids. It has been not fun taking Lucy places lately. She definitely knows how to walk now and is pretty stable at it so she constantly wants to be out of the stroller and on her feet. I am not quite ready for that yet. Currently I am just using my big Graco stroller but as soon as this new little one shows up I will be taking our double MacLaren everywhere. Newborns can be in it because the seats recline all the way and then I will have options for if Lucy starts ripping stuff off shelves. Teaching kids how to behave in stores is not exactly fun but I do remember having Andrew and Zane in a store when Zane was a newborn and getting so frustrated with Andrew taking socks off the little hangers at the register. I ended up carrying him upside down (he hated it) as I marched through the mall and back to the car. It is one of my finer mommy moments for sure. I think I am possibly more even tempered now but I still have those days for sure. One thing I know, I will not entirely forsake the mall just because of kids! That would just be crazy!

4 comments:

joanna said...

Did you go to the outlet mall or Alderwood? How were the deals? I am thinking of going tomorrow but wondered if there are any sales. Kaleb has gotten too skinny (isn't that nice for him-lol) for his jeans. I have an oshkosh coupon I would like to use. So we'll see if it works out after the basketball game, which will either be at 12:10 or 2:00 (I think). Let me know what you think... and did you find walking shoes for Miss Lucy?

Little Blessings said...

I actually went out to Everett. I had some Christmas cash still and some gift cards to use. I get Lucy shoes next week. I somehow managed to get the bank account way low. The shoes will just have to wait!

Ms. Leigh said...

Good for you going to the mall. I hate malls so for me I don't really want to bring Booker anyway. I can't stand going in a place with recycled air. It makes me feel faint, week, and anxious. I do love walking around downtown everett though! That is fun for us.

Anonymous said...

Your house has recycled air.