Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Andrew's 100

Andrew's class is having a party for the 100th day of school party. To celebrate Andrew had to make a collection of 100 something's and bring it to class to share. He chose chocolate chip cookies. Which meant that I had to make 100 cookies. Andrew's part of the assignment was that he had to draw 100 cookies on his collection sheet. Sure enough he drew 100 little cookies with black chocolate chip dots on them. It took him about 20 minutes. The cookies took me a bit longer.


I was a little concerned that it was going to take me 3 or 4 batches of cookies to finally fulfill all 100 cookies but when I looked at the recipe on the back of the Tollhouse bag (thank you Costco) it said that each batch made 5 dozen cookies. Well I can tell you for a fact that I have never had that many cookies turn out from a batch that I have done but I also am kinda lazy with the baking part and make my cookies big. So this time I tried really hard to make them small. So I wouldn't have so many batches to make.

Andrew was a big help with the stirring process. I used my big stand mixer last night to make some corn bread so these cookies were made the old fashioned way with a whole lot of elbow grease. We even broke a wooden spoon in the process! Plus I was a bit concerned that a double batch would kill my kitchen aid mixer and that would be a tragedy!

The end result of the cookies was 108 cookies made. Not too shabby if I say so myself. I got 20 on each sheet so I wasn't standing in the kitchen all day. And there are still some leftovers for the kids and Eric to eat. If anyone eats the 100 before his party I may just have to throttle them though!

1 comment:

Amber said...

You know, costco sells a tub of cookie dough that makes like 80 cookies...that's what I would have done :)