Monday, February 23, 2009

Miss Independent Sassy Pants

So Lucy has been in a mood lately. She is getting extremely independent and opinionated. She has figured out how to get up and down the staircase without any help. And with that knowledge has come the realization that it is up to her to do it at will. For example, several weeks ago when she was first learning how to do the stairs it was always fun to go up them. Now when it is bath time we have to corral her up the stairs because going up them was not her idea. She also has gotten quite opinionated over when and how she gets down the staircase. In general with my kids once they have figured out a skill and time is not an issue I insist that they do it on their own.

This morning I was done with my shower and I went downstairs. Lucy thought that I needed to carry her down the staircase. She has been going up and down these steps at will for about a week and I was standing on the staircase to make sure she did not fall. Instead of just coming down the stairs she stomped her feet at me at the top of the stairs and threw a fit.

Also Lucy has decided that no one is allowed on Eric or my lap if she wants on it. She will come over to us, pull on who ever is on our lap (this morning it was Zane) and scream at us until she gets her way (there is a LOT of screaming and crying going on at our house right now). Also she has taken to pinching me if I am not giving her the proper sympathy during her tantrums. Just a hint, it doesn't go over very well with me. Oh Terrible Twos! How I do love you!

2 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

Uhoh! She may just have it tough with that new baby in the house!

Little Blessings said...

Which is one HUGE reason I am trying to nip it right now!