Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Andrew First Grounding

It has been a week of firsts at our house with discipline. First Zane gets to suck some soap and now Andrew is dealing with his first grounding. Today I was playing on the computer and then went to take a nap. I told him he could play the game that I was playing while I slept. Eric got up and I think told him he had played enough. Andrew for sure was playing until Eric came downstairs though. Later today Andrew wanted to play again. I asked him if he was still playing when Eric got up. Andrew said no. Not "I don't know" but flat out "No." Which was a lie. I called Andrew on it and he back pedaled and said he didn't know. I know he knew. He was angling to get more time on the computer. And lying is certainly NOT the way to get anything in this house. We talked and I have restricted him from computer use until Sunday. Harsh? Maybe. But lying is something that I will not tolerate. It will certainly not be rewarded. Hopefully I won't have any more fun new discipline to deal with in the next few days. That would be ideal!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I think you are right on. Lying, especially with the computer is not something you want to start. I am sure he will learn his lesson, now what is Lucy going to do? Bite? Lol!

Anonymous said...

Jordi used to be our little liar. I think the worst was when she told us she threw her sister's gameboy in the trash the previous day and our garbage had already been picked up. I found said gameboy a year later. She hadn't wanted to tell me she lost it. Crazy kids! They will say anything to stay out of trouble.