Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day Home

Bringing Gwen home from the hospital has been as close to living in the middle of a three ring circus as it gets. All the kids are super excited about their newest sissy. Gwen has been very tolerant of all the attention and manhandling.

Zane has been super sweet with Gwen. He really likes to hold her and snuggle her. His hands look like paws when he pats her little face and we are still working on the gentleness aspect of his touching her but all in all it is going well with him.

Andrew has been my super helper! He is completely content and competent to hold Gwen when I need to get something done or just want to sit and take a little rest. It seems to make the other two a bit jealous that he gets to hold Gwen for long periods of time and they don't but frankly their attention spans give out long before Andrew's does. It is such a relief to have a big kid (or at least big enough kid) that I am not constantly worrying about poking at her.

Lucy has been a pleasant surprise with Gwen. She is very excited to hold her and loves to sit right next to me and have Gwen on her lap. She acts like she wants me to just hand Gwen over so she can carry her around though and that makes me super nervous. She isn't aggressive with her though which is a huge plus. Lucy also thinks that Gwen needs her blanket and her pacifier with her at all moments in time. I end up pointlessly holding many things at once when Lucy is awake and I have Gwen on my lap. Somehow I think this little girl is going to be super spoiled with being held. Even if it is only in her self-defense!

All in all we are adjusting well! It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the next few weeks. The excitement of a new baby can only last so long for little people!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I LOVE Gwen's expressions in these! She looks very content with Andrew, squished with Zane, and startled with Lucy! Too cute! I love the way Lucy thinks she needs her blanket and pacifier all the time, that is so sweet and motherly!

Ms. Leigh said...

I know your not a big baby holder but if you want to try my baby wrap at any point let me know!