Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gwen Meets the Siblings

The boys have been so excited for their newest sister to make an appearance they have been making me a little crazy! When they woke up on Sunday morning and Eric and I were gone and Grandma Alice was here Andrew immediately knew what was going on. Zane quickly picked up on the fact too which I think is very intuitive of them! After Gwen was born we called to tell them they had a new sister and they immediately wanted to come and meet her. I was all for that. I figure they wait with a cranky, crabby mom for 9 months and they deserve to see the result of their pain and suffering ASAP. We had Alice get them ready and bring them to the hospital.

What a difference 18 months makes! When Lucy was born Zane wanted NOTHING to do with her and almost refused to hold her. This time around he was super excited to hold Gwen.

Andrew, as expected, was excited to hold Gwen. If fact he continues to want to hold her and will do it any time I ask. I expect him to be super helpful with this little one!

Lucy walked into the hospital room and didn't even seem to notice the baby. She made a beeline straight for me and wanted up on the bed with me. It is kinda what I suspected from her. When we did have her by the baby (and me) she was super cute and patted her head and gave her a kiss. She is a bit rough, which I expected, but super excited for a sissy. So far no jealousy issues which is nice.

Coming home was great on Monday. I was so thankful to have gotten all the necessary antibiotics in my system. Staying 48 hours at the hospital is never my idea of a good time. Sleeping in my own bed last night was fabulous! Now I just need to get my family up and moving for the day. That other post will probably come later this afternoon but I couldn't wait to share Miss Gwen with the world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the great pictures of your wonderful family.