Thursday, November 26, 2009

Come Do the Turkey Dance

Every year we do a turkey dance at our house for Thanksgiving. The tradition started the first year Eric and I were married and we turkey danced by ourselves but since then it has been something ridiculous we do each and every year. The kids really seem to enjoy it and it is fun to have a unique tradition to look forward to. To do the turkey dance there are a few simple steps. 1) Get your arms in wing flapping position 2) Bob your head like a turkey does 3) Strut in a self important way 4) Say "Gobble, gobble, gobble" as you strut around the house. Very simple to do. My kiddos are perfecting it each year. I am sure that by the time they hit the teen years it will be a mortifying thing that only Eric and I do while the kids look on in horror.

For your viewing pleasure I decided to photograph it this year. Maybe some year I will get up the nerve to video tape it and then share. Won't that be fun.

Yesterday we made hats in preparation for the turkey dance today. I thought they looked great. Hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Day.

1 comment:

Chris and Mandy said...

Okay, so this would explain why Eric did such a nice chicken dance at our wedding :) And I love the picture of all the kids with their hats. Big smiles all around.. even little Gwen! Happy Thanksgiving.