Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dedicating Gwen

Sunday we dedicated Gwen. Eric and I have dedicated all of our babies when they are about 3 months old. Dedication at our church means that we intend to raise our children using the Bible as our guide and tell them about Jesus.

Each one of our kids have a special verse. Gwen's verse is Philippians 4:5 "Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near." It is interesting how the verses come about. I can't tell you that I just sit and look through the Bible for the verses, although I don't see anything wrong with that. Usually I have a thought or idea, some type of characteristic that seems special to that child and I can either find the verse from memory or find it using a concordance. It is not randomly chosen. I really feel like God gives me the verse.

We are always so thrilled to have our family and friends come to the dedications too. They mean the world to us and it is so special for them to be with us while we dedicate our babies.

This time pastor Samuel was here from India. Our church partners with his church and it was extremely neat to have him and pray for Gwen.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

She looks just like a little doll in the top picture! So sweet and I like her verse you picked!