Sunday, November 29, 2009

Two Little Ring Bearers

Andrew and Zane were the ring bearers for Reece and Angie's wedding. I was confident that Andrew would do a phenomenal job and only 50/50 on Zane. I knew he could do a good job if he decided to. It was all up to him. Angie had asked for Lucy to be the flower girl for the wedding but frankly she is as much of a wild card as Zane is. To keep me from being a train wreck of nerves I told Angie that she could do it if she didn't care that she probably wouldn't drop petals. I think that she really wanted the petals to be dropped so Lucy wasn't the flower girl. However I still had to get Lucy and Gwen matching dresses. Seriously, it was super necessary.



The boys were all ready and set to walk down the aisle. Zane was prepped and ready to go. Then coming in right before the ceremony he fell down. I don't think he hurt himself, he just got scared but it put a total snafu into his whole attitude.

The wedding began and Zane started balking at walking down the aisle. I went with him because he wouldn't go without me but about halfway down he started walking with Andrew. Great! I snuck to the back. However, once he reached the front and realized I wasn't there he started shrieking that he wanted his mommy. So, mommy marched back down the aisle to the front so I could be with him while he waited for the ceremony to be over. Thankfully he stopped screaming as soon as I got back up there.

About midway through the ceremony I noticed that the ring (Angie's) on Zane's pillow was missing. This was not good as it was going to be needed in just a few minutes. Fortunately it had just fallen off and was on the floor but it gave me a minute of panic for sure!


Lucy was a bit overwhelmed for most of the day. There were a lot of people and it was easier (to her) to be carried around all night. Toward the end she seemed to loosen up though and started dancing with all the other little kids. It was super cute. The evening ended with Andrew catching the garter. He is ridiculously proud of himself. He wanted to take it to church this morning to show it off but Eric and I both thought that it might be in poor taste for him to take it with him.

I am very glad that the wedding is over! They are awfully stressful and an awful lot of work. So nice to have Reece hitched and be able to officially call Angie Auntie!

1 comment:

joanna said...

Such super cute photos of the kids! I love these. The boys look so handsome and the girls dresses and expressions are adorable!
Love it!